Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Oklahoma provides some of the most scenic rides for motorcyclists in the United States, with its national historic sites honoring the adventurous spirit of early settlers and roadways following original wagon trails. Today’s adventurers often explore Tulsa and the surrounding region with the open-air experience of a motorcycle ride. Unfortunately, the same two-wheeled, unenclosed design that makes a motorcycle ride so exhilarating also leaves riders vulnerable to serious injuries in an accident. Nearly 90 people per year die in Oklahoma motorcycle accidents, and many more suffer serious and life-altering injuries. Many of these accidents are entirely preventable and occur due to the negligent actions of a driver or other party.
If you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident in Tulsa or the surrounding area, the Tulsa motorcycle accident lawyers at Dan Davis Law are ready to help. Call our Tulsa personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Tulsa?
Motorcycle injuries have some of the most serious outcomes of all traffic accidents, often with lifelong consequences. Riders have little protection in an accident and endure impacts with the road, vehicles, and obstacles during a crash. These injuries are costly as well as temporarily or permanently debilitating. Choosing the Dan Davis Law team as your motorcycle accident attorneys in Tulsa means you’ll have a compassionate family-operated law team behind your claim. At Dan Davis Law:
- We have 3 decades of experience in Tulsa, representing injured clients with the dignity and compassion they deserve
- We’ve won millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for injury victims in Oklahoma, including those injured in serious motorcycle accidents
- We navigate the most complex legal claims to successfully prove liability and calculate the maximum damages for our client’s compensation
- We provide meticulous attention to detail and open, honest communication with our injured clients throughout the legal process
- We build the most compelling cases for compensation for victims of preventable motorcycle accidents
Let the motorcycle accident attorneys at Dan Davis provide the legal counsel and strong representation you need for your financial recovery while you focus on your physical recovery.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Tulsa
The majority of motorcycle accidents occur due to negligence, including driver error. The slim design of a motorcycle makes it more difficult for motorists to see and accurately judge speed and distance. Drivers owe a duty of reasonable care toward motorcyclists sharing the road, but accidents sometimes occur due to the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driver intoxication
- Tailgating or failing to keep an adequate stopping distance when driving behind a motorcycle
- Opening a car door in the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Making unsafe lane changes while driving alongside a motorcyclist
- Speeding and reckless driving
When a motorist commits any of these negligent actions, they are liable for damages.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Oklahoma
Motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma occur in both urban and rural areas, with city streets the most common location for accidents, followed by those occurring on interstate highways. Motorcycle injuries range from mild to catastrophic, depending on the type of accident and the force of the impact. Common motorcycle accident injuries include the following:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Fractures of the limbs, hips, pelvis, ribs, and collarbone
- Road rash abrasions
- Back injuries, including fractures
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal injuries
Although helmets protect riders against some forms of head injuries and increase the chances of survival, they cannot protect against force injuries that cause the brain to bump against the inside of the skull. The remainder of a motorcycle rider’s body has very little protection in an accident. Tough outerwear can help minimize road rash injuries caused by the body scraping along a roadway at high speed during an accident, but cannot prevent all abrasions and other injuries.
The serious nature of motorcycle accidents requires immediate medical attention and often ongoing treatment. Some injuries may cause permanent disability. When these injuries result from someone else’s negligence, it’s that party’s responsibility to cover the damages—typically through their liability insurance. But first, it’s the injury victim’s burden to prove liability on the part of the person or entity at fault for the accident.
Liability in Tulsa Motorcycle Accidents
Although some motorcyclists take chances or make mistakes, the majority of motorcycle accidents in Oklahoma result from a driver’s negligence, and not the motorcycle rider’s. In other circumstances, fault could lie with a negligent road maintenance organization or the manufacturer of a defective motorcycle part. Before a motorcycle accident victim in Tulsa can recover compensation for their damages, they must first prove liability through a preponderance of evidence. Your motorcycle accident attorney from Dan Davis Law will investigate the accident to determine the liable party and then document evidence demonstrating the following legal points of liability:
- The party at fault had a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent injuries to others on the road
- They breached this duty by acting negligently or recklessly
- The negligent breach of duty directly caused the injuries
- The injury victim suffered serious damages due to the injury
Damages in motorcycle accidents are the economic and non-economic consequences of an accident such as medical expenses and pain and suffering. The liable party is responsible for compensating the injury victim for these damages.
What Compensation Can a Motorcycle Injury Victim Recover for Their Damages?
Damages from motorcycle accidents quickly become costly. Victims of severe injuries may be unable to return to work at the same time that they’re enduring painful and expensive medical procedures. Common damages claimed in motorcycle injury claims in Tulsa include the following:
- Medical expenses and related costs
- Future medical expenses for ongoing care related to the injury
- Lost income
- Future income loss
- Diminished earning capacity due to accident-caused disability
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Other applicable non-economic damages like disfigurement, PTSD, or loss of enjoyment of life
Although economic compensation can’t erase non-economic damages like pain and suffering, financial compensation is the civil court’s way of addressing a serious wrong done to an individual due to another’s negligence or wrongful behavior. It also provides the injured victim with a sense of justice.
Reach Out to a Tulsa Motorcycle Accident Attorney From Dan Davis Law Today
If your family is facing hardship or financial loss due to you or a loved one suffering serious injuries from a motorcycle crash, call our Tulsa law office today at (405) 930-4210 or contact us online to set up a free case consultation. At Dan Davis Law, we only take a fee after we secure your settlement or court award for damages. Let us be your voice for justice after a motorcycle accident in Oklahoma.