Moore Personal Injury Attorney
A serious accident can happen when you least expect it, sending you to the hospital with painful and expensive injuries and disrupting many different aspects of your life. If you find yourself in this situation, help is available at Dan Davis Law. We are dedicated personal injury attorneys serving Moore and the surrounding area, including Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond, Stillwater, and Tulsa. Our lawyers can put your life back on track with legal services that are tailored for your unique needs and goals. Discuss how we can help you in more detail during a free case evaluation.
Why We’re The Right Choice for Your Personal Injury Representation
- Individuals and families throughout Oklahoma have trusted us with their most complex personal injury cases for many years. We’ve been practicing personal injury law for over 25 years.
- Attorney Daniel Davis began his law firm out of a deep and abiding interest in helping others. He is a diligent personal injury lawyer who always puts his clients first.
- We know how to get real results. Our attorneys have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for previous clients. We are determined, trial-tested lawyers.
- Our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay your attorney if he or she wins your case, guaranteed.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case seeks financial compensation from one or more parties for causing an accident. It is a type of civil claim that requires the filing party, or plaintiff, to prove the grounds for the claim as more likely to be true than not true. This is known as a preponderance of the evidence. As a plaintiff in a personal injury case, you or your attorney will need to provide clear and convincing evidence showing that the other party (the defendant) is at fault for your injury.
Most personal injury cases in Oklahoma are based on the legal theory of negligence. Negligence is comprised of four key elements – the four “Ds:”
- Duty of care. A responsibility to act in a way that a reasonable and prudent person would under similar circumstances.
- Dereliction of duty. A departure from the accepted duty of care, or an action or omission that falls outside of the defendant’s obligation to act with due care.
- Damages. Losses suffered by the victim that the courts recognize as compensable, such as medical bills and property damage.
- Direct cause. Proof that the defendant’s failure to act with ordinary care was the direct cause of the plaintiff’s injuries and claimed losses.
If your personal injury lawyer can prove that one or more parties were negligent and this is why you are injured, you can recover financial compensation for your related losses from the defendant’s insurance company. You may also have grounds for an injury claim in Oklahoma based on another legal theory, such as intent to harm or breach of warranty.
Our Practice Areas at Dan Davis Law
After any type of accident in Moore, Oklahoma that injures you or takes a loved one’s life, it is worthwhile to discuss your legal options with a personal injury attorney. An attorney will give you an honest and straightforward review of your case, letting you know if it has merit. Many different accidents and preventable incidents in Oklahoma can give rise to personal injury lawsuits, including:
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Commercial carrier accidents
- Bike and pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Dangerous premises accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog attacks
- Workplace injuries
- Defective and dangerous products
- Wrongful deaths
These are all types of cases that we accept at Dan Davis Law. We will custom-tailor your legal strategy based on the unique facts and elements of your case, as well as according to your recovery goals. While most personal injury cases in Oklahoma reach settlements, we also have the power to take your case to court, if necessary.
What Types of Compensation Are Available in a Personal Injury Case?
The goal of a personal injury claim is to make an accident victim whole again by offering a financial recovery. A successful claim holds a negligent party accountable and restores the victim to the financial state that he or she would have been in had the accident not occurred. The losses for which you can request compensation in a personal injury case may include:
- Present and future health care costs
- Losses of income
- Lost capacity to earn
- Damaged property
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Temporary or chronic pain
- Emotional distress or psychological suffering
- Death benefits, if applicable
- Punitive damages
An attorney can help you create a comprehensive list of all losses that you will suffer in connection to an accident. Then, your attorney will work tirelessly to collect fair and full compensation on your behalf. The right lawyer will work for the best possible outcome rather than advise you to accept the very first settlement offer. When your financial future is on the line as an accident victim, an attorney can fight for the results that you deserve.
What to Know Before You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
The process for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Oklahoma is complicated. It involves many laws, rules, and regulations that you must follow exactly; otherwise, you could forfeit the right to recover compensation. One law to know is the statute of limitations. This is the deadline for filing a personal injury case. It changes from state to state. In Oklahoma, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of your accident or the date that you discovered your injury – whichever is later. The sooner you speak to a lawyer, however, the better, as important pieces of evidence may fade or disappear over time.
Injured in an Accident in Moore, Oklahoma? We Can Help
No one wants to deal with a confusing or stressful legal process after already surviving an accident and suffering painful injuries. It can be much easier to fight for justice and financial compensation, however, with assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer in Moore, Oklahoma.
Dan Davis Law has everything that you need to recover from an accident. We will work hard on your behalf to hold a wrongdoer accountable and get the compensation that you need to move forward. Learn more about your legal rights today during a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our local personal injury lawyers. Call us at (405) 276-4603.