Broken Arrow Brain Injury Lawyer
Suffering a brain injury is one of the most serious accidents an individual can experience, with impacts ranging from short-term economic losses and painful symptoms to permanent impairment and life-changing disabilities. The physical and financial consequences of this type of serious injury are considered “damages” in a personal injury claim. When a brain injury was entirely preventable if only another party took reasonable care to prevent harm, it’s even more traumatizing for the victim and their family.
If you or a beloved family member was injured in a preventable accident or by an act of violence and suffered a brain injury as a result, a brain injury attorney in Broken Arrow can help. Call or contact the Broken Arrow personal injury lawyers at the Oklahoma law office of Dan Davis Law today for a free consultation on your case so we can work on a legal strategy for your financial recovery while you focus on your physical recovery.
Why Choose a Lawyer from Dan Davis Law for Your Brain Injury Claim?
A brain injury victim deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. The family-operated law firm of Dan Davis Law in Broken Arrow understands the serious and sometimes devastating impacts of this type of injury on the victim and their family. At Dan Davis Law:
- We offer skilled representation by attorneys with over 3 decades of experience in successfully navigating brain injury claims for our clients
- We have a team of thorough investigators and strong litigators to take on the most complex claims
- Our strong reputation and winning track record of scoring millions of dollars for our clients puts a powerful voice behind your case
- Our free case consultations and contingency-based payment system means you pay nothing upfront and we only take a fee after we’ve succeeded in recovering your damages.
- We offer a voice of competence and compassion to achieve the maximum settlement for the damages you’ve sustained after a brain injury
At Dan Davis Law, we proudly represent clients of serious injuries such as brain injuries with the diligent attention to detail and open communication we would give to our own family members.
Causes of Brain Injuries in Broken Arrow
Brain injuries range in severity from painful and inconvenient to life-altering and debilitating. If a brain injury could have been prevented by another party’s due diligence, that party is liable for damages. Brain injuries resulting from negligence often occur due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice and medication mistakes
- Contact sports and diving accidents
- Defective products
- Birth injuries
- Acts of criminal violence
A brain injury may be closed or open, occurring from blunt force trauma to the outside of the head or from a jarring force causing the brain to bump against the bony interior surface of the skull. Penetrating brain injuries may occur from violent acts such as gunshots or explosions with flying shrapnel.
Brain Injury Symptoms to Watch for After an Accident
If an accident, fall, or act of violence causes a head injury, it’s important to be alert for signs and symptoms of a brain injury. A loss of consciousness after a head injury is a serious sign indicating a brain injury, but other brain injuries develop in the hours or days after the initial injury due to bleeding and inflammation inside the skull. These may have more subtle symptoms including any of the following:
- Vision problems
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of memory and concentration
- Ringing in the ears
- Weakness in the limbs
- Mood changes
If you or a loved one experiences any of the above signs after an injury, it’s critical to seek immediate medical help. Some medical interventions can help to minimize long-term damage to the delicate brain tissue.
Ask your doctor for a detailed medical report with your treatment recommendations and prognosis. Be sure to save all medical bills and contact a brain injury attorney in Broken Arrow before talking to insurance company representatives.
Who May Be Liable For Damages in Brain Injury Claims in Broken Arrow?
Oklahoma’s fault-based insurance laws require injury victims to prove liability on the part of the negligent individual or entity at fault for an accident. A skilled attorney from Dan Davis Law will investigate all aspects of the injury to identify the negligent action that caused the brain injury and demonstrate the legal points of liability. These include the following:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to prevent injury to others such as a driver’s duty to avoid distraction or the manufacturer of a defective product’s duty to produce safe, reliable products
- The party at fault breached their duty of reasonable care by acting with negligence, reckless behavior, or intentional wrongdoing
- The negligent breach of duty directly caused the brain injury
- The brain injury victim suffered significant economic and non-economic damages from the injury
An attorney from Dan Davis Law in Broken Arrow will carefully calculate your damages and provide ample evidence of liability to present to the insurance company of the party at fault. This type of compelling evidence can result in a significant settlement as compensation. Only in the relatively rare cases of insurance company denial or an undervalued settlement offer does the case proceed to court within Oklahoma’s two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits.
Common Compensation for Brain Injury Claims in Oklahoma
Brain injuries can have long-term financial consequences with ripple effects on the entire family, especially if the injury victim was a family provider. Common compensation for damages in Broken Arrow brain injury claims include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses for therapies, rehabilitation, and home healthcare
- Reimbursement for past and future income loss
- Diminished earning capacity due to injury-caused disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life compensation, loss of consortium (a full relationship with another), and the anxiety and depression often associated with brain injuries
Financial compensation can help relieve a family’s financial burdens so the injury victim can focus on maximizing their physical recovery.
Reach Out to Our Broken Arrow Brain Injury Lawyers Today
Insurance companies exist to make profits and often resist paying out on expensive claims such as those associated with brain injuries. No one should take on these powerful companies alone while also trying to recover from a serious injury. Contact our law office in Broken Arrow today at (405) 930-4210 or fill out our online form so we can begin a strong legal strategy to help you recover your economic losses while you focus on your physical recovery.