Broken Arrow Slip and Fall Lawyer
Few mishaps are as distressing as a sudden slip and fall accident, even when they happen at home, but when a fall occurs in a commercial location with serious injuries as a result, it’s especially traumatic. Painful, health-threatening injuries and the embarrassment of a public fall combine to make slip-and-fall accidents devastating to victims.
Commercial property owners have a duty to promptly address fall hazards by making repairs or placing hazard warning signs until they correct the problem. When a property owner doesn’t take reasonable measures to prevent a slip-and-fall injury in Oklahoma, the courts hold them accountable for the victim’s damages.
In a personal injury claim in Broken Arrow, the word “damages” refers to all consequences of an injury to the victim. The victim of a slip-and-fall injury in Broken Arrow shouldn’t be left with the undue financial burden caused by a preventable injury. The Oklahoma personal injury attorneys at Dan Davis Law are ready to put our decades of experience behind your claim. If you or your close family member suffered a preventable fall injury, call our Broken Arrow slip-and-fall lawyers today for a free confidential consultation.
Why Choose Us as Your Slip-and-Fall Injury Lawyers in Broken Arrow?
Oklahoma’s personal injury law is difficult to navigate successfully, especially for someone simultaneously dealing with medical appointments and injury treatments. It’s essential to have skilled, experienced legal representation. The Broken Arrow slip-and-fall lawyers at Dan Davis Law will provide the following significant advantages for your case:
- No upfront fees, instead, we offer free initial consultations and contingency-based payment so we only take a fee after we secure your compensation
- Skilled investigation into all aspects of the fall to determine how the negligence occurred, who is liable for damages, and the appropriate insurance company for a claim
- Over 25 years of experience in Oklahoma’s personal injury law with a strong track record of success and a well-respected name in Oklahoma courts
- Dedicated client advocacy with personalized strategies tailored to the unique circumstances of each client’s case
- A results-based approach with the goal of maximizing compensation for clients injured in slip-and-fall accidents in Broken Arrow
The Broken Arrow personal injury law firm of Dan Davis has secured millions of dollars for injured clients in Oklahoma through aggressive advocacy in negotiating large settlements of pursuing damages in court when required.
Common Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Broken Arrow
A bad fall can cause serious injuries with temporary or permanent impacts on the victim’s physical and financial lifestyle. Common injuries claimed in slip-and-fall accidents in Oklahoma include the following:
- Fractures, including of the hip, tailbone, or pelvis
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries, concussions, and other serious traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Broken teeth and facial injuries
- Cuts, bruises, and abrasions
When a fall victim suffers serious injuries, they may be unable to return to work at the same time that their medical bills pile up. Some injuries have long-lasting or permanent consequences for the victim. Even less serious injuries can cause temporary financial hardship and significant pain. The negligent party should be held accountable so the injured victim can gain justice as well as financial compensation.
Liability in Broken Arrow Slip-and-Fall Cases
Slip and fall accidents often occur in businesses such as stores, cafes, restaurants, motels, and hospitals. They may also occur in government-owned properties like bus stops, train stations, and airports. Before an injury victim can recover compensation for their economic and non-economic losses, they have the burden of proving the at-fault party’s liability. This requires demonstrating the following legal points of liability and applying them to the business or property owner’s negligence in a slip-and-fall accident:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent injuries
- They breached this duty of care due to an act of negligence
- The negligent breach of duty directly caused the injury
- The injury victim suffered significant damages from the injury
Business owners and managers invite people onto their properties for commercial business purposes. When property owners fail to act the way another, reasonable person would have acted under the same circumstances to protect those lawfully on the property from injury, they’re liable for the victim’s damages.
Your Broken Arrow slip and fall attorney from Dan Davis Law will document evidence of liability to present a compelling case for compensation for your damages and then carefully calculate those damages to secure the maximum compensation in your claim.
Common Damages Claimed in Slip and Fall Cases in Oklahoma
Suffering a sudden traumatic injury like a fall causes significant pain and symptoms that require time and medical treatment to heal. Some falls cause debilitating injuries such as back problems and bone fractures, especially in senior citizens. Common damages claimed in Broken Arrow slip and fall cases include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Related costs such as transportation to medical appointments
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Compensation for pain and suffering
In some circumstances, other non-economic damages may apply in a fall victim’s case, like disfigurement due to broken teeth or facial injuries or loss of enjoyment of life due to disability.
What to Do After a Slip-and-Fall Accident
After a bad fall, you may be able to do little other than wait in place for emergency services to arrive. However, if you can use your phone—or hand it to someone else to use for you—it becomes an invaluable tool to protect yourself physically and financially. Use your cell phone for the following important steps after a slip-and-fall accident:
- First, call for emergency services or arrange transportation to a hospital as soon as possible
- Take photos of anything relevant to the fall, such as a loose stair riser, a wet floor, or cracked pavement
- Take photos of any visible injuries
- Add the contact information of the business owner/manager
- Add the contact information of eyewitnesses to the fall
Always ask the business owner to fill out an accident or incident report. At the hospital ask for a complete medical report detailing all of your injuries, the doctor’s recommendations for your treatment, and your prognosis.
Contact Dan Davis Law for a Consultation About Your Slip-and-Fall Injury in Broken Arrow
The attorneys at Dan Davis Law are ready to hear about your slip-and-fall accident and put a powerful voice behind your claim. We’ll advocate aggressively for your full compensation through negotiations with the insurance company and take your case to a judge and jury if required for your compensation. Let our timeless advocacy methods combined with investigative skills work for you while you focus on recovering from your injury. Contact our slip and fall attorneys in Broken Arrow today.