Broken Arrow Motorcycle Accident Attorney
A motorcycle ride in Broken Arrow is an exhilarating experience. With winding, forested roads and the iconic Copperhead Run motorcycle route, Broken Arrow and the surrounding Oklahoma countryside is a motorcycle dream destination. The Sooner State is also home to many daily riders who choose the gas-friendly option of using a motorcycle for transportation to work and school. But the same open, unencumbered aspect of a motorcycle that riders love is also what leaves motorcyclists vulnerable to severe injuries in a crash.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Broken Arrow, and a negligent motorist or other liable party was at fault for the accident, a motorcycle accident attorney in Broken Arrow can help prove the at-fault party liable for damages.
In a personal injury case, “damages” are the economic and non-economic consequences of an injury caused by another party’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing. When someone else was at fault for your motorcycle accident, and you’ve suffered significant damages as a result, you shouldn’t be left facing financial hardship and other consequences. A motorcycle accident claim in Oklahoma can hold the at-fault party accountable. Dan Davis Law is ready to help. Contact our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers today for a free case consultation.
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim in Broken Arrow?
Navigating an accident claim while you’re also dealing with the very serious physical consequences of an injury is incredibly challenging. Instead of taking on the at-fault party and their insurance company alone, the attorneys at Dan Davis of Broken Arrow can help. At Dan Davis Law, we’ll give your claim the following advantages:
- A family-owned law firm with over 25 years of experience in personal injury claims in Oklahoma, including complex motorcycle accident claims
- A team that’s earned a strong reputation in the area after winning hundreds of millions of dollars for our injured clients
- Compassionate, dedicated advocates who use personalized strategies and individualized attention to each client’s full advantage in their claim
- Strong negotiators with a resolution-based approach to gain each client the settlement they deserve without the need for a courtroom
- Experienced litigators who are more than willing to take your case all the way to court if the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable settlement amount on your claim or wrongfully denies your valid claim
- Free consultations on your motorcycle accident case in Oklahoma and contingency-based payment so we only take a fee after we secure your full compensation
Lead attorney, Daniel Davis, has a reputation for success and access to powerful resources in Broken Arrow and the surrounding area.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Broken Arrow
No motorcyclist is perfect, but the majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by negligent drivers and not the motorcycle rider. The slim, two-wheeled design of a motorcycle makes it more difficult for motorists to judge a motorcycle’s speed or distance compared to that of another car. Still, motorists owe a duty to take reasonable measures to prevent accidents to motorcyclists and others on the road. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Broken Arrow include the following:
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers making unsafe lane changes
- Drivers following too closely behind a motorcycle
- Parked motorists opening the driver’s side door into the path of a motorcycle
- Driver failure to yield the right of way
- Intoxicated drivers
- Speeding and aggressive driving
When a motorist’s negligence or mistake behind the wheel causes a car accident or serious injuries to a motorcyclist, the rider deserves justice, accountability, and compensation for their damages.
Proving Liability in a Motorcycle Accident in Broken Arrow
When someone else is at fault for a motorcyclist’s injuries, the rider shouldn’t be left with the responsibility of paying for expensive medical care. A successful motorcycle accident claim can take care of injury-related expenses so the motorcyclist can focus on maximizing their physical healing. Before claiming damages, an injured rider bears the burden of proving liability on the part of the motorist at fault. Proving liability requires demonstrating the following:
- That the at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent injury to others on the road, including motorcyclists
- They breached this duty through an act of negligence
- The negligent breach directly caused the injury
- The injury victim suffered significant damages from the injury
If you or a close family member suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, it may take a skilled investigator from Dan Davis Law to investigate the accident, determine the liable party, and prove their liability so they’re responsible for your damages. Compensation for damages in a motorcycle accident claim in Broken Arrow typically comes from the liable motorist’s insurance policy.
In less common cases, the liable party could be a negligent road maintenance agency or the manufacturer of a defective motorcycle part, depending on the cause of the accident.
What Compensation is Available for Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Broken Arrow?
Motorcyclists experience serious injuries in accidents, even when wearing a helmet. Injuries such as traumatic head injuries, multiple fractures, road-rash abrasions, and internal organ damage are common consequences of a motorcyclist’s collision with another vehicle or contact with the road itself during the accident. Serious injuries have serious economic and non-economic consequences. Common compensation for damages in a motorcycle accident claim includes the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future income loss
- Diminished capacity to earn if the injury caused disability
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages like loss of enjoyment of life, PTSD, disfigurement compensation, or emotional trauma
A skilled attorney from Dan Davis Law can carefully calculate your damages to maximize the amount of compensation you recover after your motorcycle accident injuries.
Call Dan Davis Law Today
The compassionate attorneys at Dan Davis Law understand the devastating consequences of a serious motorcycle accident injury and the ripple effects on the victim’s entire family. A successful motorcycle accident claim in Broken Arrow helps minimize financial hardship and obtains a sense of justice for injured victims. Contact the attorneys at Dan Davis Law today so we can begin strategizing the best way to recover your damages.