Edmond Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in Edmond, Oklahoma, you may be wondering who is responsible for paying for your medical bills and property damage, as well as how to protect your rights during the legal process. Working with an attorney from Dan Davis Law can give you everything you need to successfully recover from an auto accident. Our Edmond car accident lawyers will stand by your side and fight for the case results and financial compensation that you need to move forward. Request a free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys today.
Why We’re the Right Fit for Your Car Accident Claim
- Our Oklahoma City accident attorneys have a track record of hundreds of millions of dollars won for past clients.
- We are true local attorneys – a family-owned law firm located in the heart of Deep Deuce.
- Our car accident lawyers have the ability to go to trial, when necessary.
- We will do what we legally and ethically can to obtain maximum financial compensation.
- Your lawyer at Dan Davis Law will always treat you with the utmost respect, dignity and care.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay if we don’t win.
Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer Before an Insurance Company
If you get injured in a car accident, you may not know who to trust for assistance with the recovery process. A car insurance company will not work for you or have your best interests in mind. The car accident lawyers at Dan Davis Law, on the other hand, will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible case outcome on your behalf. We are motivated to achieve maximum financial compensation out of a deep desire to help you and your family move forward, as well as by the fact that we don’t get paid unless you do.
An attorney can go up against an insurance claims adjuster on your behalf, making sure that he or she doesn’t take advantage of you. Your lawyer can negotiate the value of a settlement offer using counteroffers, for example, until the value is adequate for your past and future losses. A lawyer will also make the legal process itself easier by handling complicated paperwork and steps for you. Consulting with an attorney before you accept an insurance settlement offer for an automobile accident can make an enormous difference to your case.
What Compensation Is Available for a Car Accident?
There is more to recovering from a car accident than collecting financial compensation. Recovering fair financial benefits from an insurance company, however, can help you pay for your related expenses and enjoy greater peace of mind as you look toward the future. A successful car accident claim or lawsuit in Oklahoma could result in payment for the following losses, and more:
- Present and future medical treatments
- Disability costs
- Property damage repairs
- Vehicle replacement, if it is a total loss
- Lost wages
- Lost capacity to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Out-of-pocket losses
- Punitive damages, in some cases
It can be difficult to understand the true value of your car accident case as an injured victim – especially if the crash caused serious injuries that will generate future bills, costs and health care expenses. An attorney from Dan Davis Law can carefully evaluate your car accident case to let you know how much it is worth. This will provide a baseline for the amount that we fight for going forward.
Oklahoma Car Accident Laws
Navigating all of the laws in Oklahoma that apply to your car accident case is something that our attorneys can take care of for you. We have decades of experience working through car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian and other types of motor vehicle accident lawsuits. We understand the related laws and how to use them to our client’s advantage. Three car accident laws to know are:
- Tort-based insurance system. Tort is the legal word for an act of wrongdoing. Under Oklahoma’s insurance system, the person guilty of committing a wrongful act will be financially responsible for victims’ injuries, medical care and property repairs after a car accident. States that use no-fault laws require drivers to file claims with their own insurers, regardless of fault.
- Comparative negligence rule. Oklahoma uses a comparative negligence rule, meaning that a victim can be found partially responsible for a car accident and still recover compensation, as long as his or her percentage of fault does not exceed 49 percent. The victim’s monetary award will be reduced by his or her degree of fault, however.
- Statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a deadline on the right to file a car accident lawsuit. In Oklahoma, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the collision or the discovery of the injury, in most cases. If you don’t file within two years, you most likely will be ineligible for compensation.
These are just three of many different laws that may apply to your car accident case in Edmond. You may also encounter defenses from the other party in an attempt to avoid paying you, such as an insurance company wrongfully denying your claim or alleging a procedural mistake. The attorneys at Dan Davis Law are equipped to navigate all of these laws and create a compelling legal strategy to suit your specific needs and goals.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Oklahoma
- Pull over and try to stay calm.
- Check for injuries.
- Call the police.
- Don’t admit fault.
- Exchange information with the other driver.
- Locate any eyewitnesses.
- Take photos of the crash scene.
- Go to a hospital right away.
- File an accident claim with your insurance company.
- Contact a car accident lawyer before settling.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car crash in Edmond or the surrounding area, we can help you fight for justice and maximum financial compensation. Our personal injury lawyers in Oklahoma City and all over the state care about our clients and always go above and beyond to make sure that they have everything they need throughout the legal process. To discuss your case and legal options in more detail with one of our attorneys, request a free, no-obligation consultation at (405) 276-4758. We are here to help you put your life back together after a car accident. If you have been in a wreck in Oklahoma City, please reach out to our skilled Oklahoma City car accident lawyers today.