Edmond Truck Accident Attorney
Large trucks also referred to as commercial carriers or 18-wheelers, are dangerous vehicles. Their immense size and weight compared to the average passenger car make them capable of causing catastrophic traffic accidents and serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Edmond, Oklahoma, help is available at Dan Davis Law. Our truck accident lawyers can guide you through an injury claim and pursue maximum financial compensation on your behalf. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Clients Choose Us
- Attorney Daniel Davis achieves the best possible results for his clients through relentless and dedicated legal advocacy. His experience in personal injury law sets him apart from the rest.
- Our Oklahoma City injury lawyers have successfully obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for past clients. Our lawyers do what it takes to achieve maximum compensation.
- We accept truck accident cases in Edmond on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t pay your attorney unless we obtain financial compensation for your losses.
Commercial Carriers Must Obey Federal Safety Laws
A truck accident is not like the average car accident in the Oklahoma City area. Many factors set truck accident cases apart, including the severe level of most injuries and the types of evidence available to support an injury claim. One of the main differences is that trucking companies and truck drivers have to obey federal safety laws created specifically for commercial carriers. These laws include, but are not limited to:
- Driver training and hiring protocols
- Driver hours-of-service restrictions
- Drug and alcohol testing mandates
- Truck size and weight restrictions
- Rules for loading and securing cargo
- Special rules for transporting hazardous materials
- Truck inspection and maintenance requirements
- Driver logs and record-keeping requirements
Unfortunately, many trucking companies and truck owners/operators violate these laws or cut corners to save time or profits. Violated federal laws can increase the risk of devastating truck accidents. After an accident, there may be evidence of a broken law in the truck’s black box, the company’s records, the truck’s maintenance logs or previous compliance reports submitted to the Department of Transportation. If so, a victim can use this evidence to support an injury claim. Contact an accident lawyer in Oklahoma City to learn more today.
Who Is Liable for a Commercial Truck Accident?
As the filing party in a truck accident lawsuit, it is up to you or your attorney to prove that what you are claiming is more likely to be true than not true. This is known as a preponderance of the evidence, or clear and convincing evidence. Before you can recover financial compensation from someone else’s insurance company, you will need to establish that the party you are blaming caused your accident through some act of negligence or recklessness. Negligence in personal injury law means the failure to act with proper care.
Trucking companies are financially responsible, or liable, for most truck accidents in Oklahoma. A trucking company may be directly liable for causing the crash, such as by violating a safety rule. They are vicariously liable for the actions of their drivers and employees, as well. This means that if a truck driver caused your wreck through distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, unsafe lane changes or running a red light, you can most likely hold the trucking company liable.
Get Help From an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Edmond
It is important to protect your legal rights from the very beginning of your truck accident case as an injured victim. These cases can be complicated and tough to litigate. The trucking company will have an aggressive legal team and an insurance company that is experienced at saving money on payouts. The best way to level the playing field is by hiring a lawyer to represent you.
At Dan Davis Law, we have everything you need to build a strong and compelling truck accident case, are also happy to help those who may need an Oklahoma City truck accident lawyer. We will work relentlessly to bring a defendant to justice and achieve maximum financial compensation on your behalf. Start with a free consultation at our local law firm. Call (405) 930-4210 today to request yours.